This article was written for Annabel & Grace, which is now part of Rest Less.
Almond Cake with White Chocolate ToppingCourse: Sweet TreatsCuisine: BritishDifficulty: Easy
100 g butter, plus extra for greasing
150 g dark chocolate, small pieces
4 medium eggs
130g caster sugar
130g ground almonds
1 tsp baking powder
- White Chocolate Topping
150g white chocolate, small pieces
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a spring form flan tin (approx. 22 cm).
- Place dark chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a simmering pan of water and melt. When all melted give it a good stir.
- Add eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Mix the almonds and baking powder together and then add to eggs and sugar mix one tablespoon at a time.
- Fold in the butter and chocolate mix.
- Pour into baking tin and bake for 30 mins or until the cake is coming away from side of tin and it is cooked all the way through. I use a simple cake thermometer and when I poke the centre of the cake it should come out bright red.
- Leave in tin to cool for 10 minutes and then place on wire rack.
- To make white chocolate topping
- Place chocolate and water in a heatproof bowl over a simmering pan of water until chocolate has melted.
- Take off heat and add the butter to the mix and stir well.
- Pour over the cooled cake.
- Place cake in refrigerator to cool for 2 hours.
- This is a recipe that I prepare in my Thermomix before baking. I have tried to convert the recipe but you may need to watch the baking time and adapt.
More sweet treat recipes here