This article was written for Annabel & Grace, which is now part of Rest Less.
Barbecue Sweetcorn ‘Riblets’ – a showstopper of a recipeCourse: Side dishDifficulty: Easy
A great change to normal grilled sweetcorn and much easier to eat.
2 sweetcorn cobs
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp dried coriander
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp brown sugar
- Peel and discard the husks from the corn, and any fibres underneath. With a sharp knife, cut off the bottom 1cm or so, so that you have a flat base.
- Sit the corn on the flat base, then cut in half, cutting down the length of the corn. It will be quite tough – be careful.
- Lay the two halves down, then cut them into about three ribs, again, cutting lengthways, and keeping some of the middle intact. Each rib should be about three-four kernels wide.
- Make your BBQ spice mix by mixing the cumin, dried coriander, smoked paprika, oregano and the sugar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Thoroughly coat the ribs in oil and the spice mix. Bake at 190 C until curled and crispy, roughly 20 mins.
- Enjoy straight away while they are nice and hot.
To purchase the Riverford Spring & Summer Veg recipe book from Amazon click HERE